Introduction



Friday, July 20, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Spaghetti Bake

Ok!! So, I seriously have some picky eaters in my house. It starts with the hubs and just works its way down the line. We get in such a food rut and I'm so tired of it. I wanted to come up with something that would be a sure fire recipe for my family of 6....this was a success!!

So here it is, my off the cuff, shoot from the hip, Bacon Cheeseburger Spaghetti Bake!!

Preheat oven to 350

1 lb of cooked and drained spaghetti noodles (I actually used fettuccine)
1 lb of ground beef, cooked and drained and seasoned with 1 T of Cavenders
1 lb of bacon, chopped, cooked, and drained

After all the above ingredients were done I put them in a 9x13 to wait or my cheese sauce to thicken up.

Cheese sauce:
1 stick of unsalted butter
8 T of flour
5 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups of sharp cheddar, grated

In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Whisk until smooth and cook over low heat for about 5 mins. Add milk and turn up heat to medium. Cook until thick (tip: using a wooden spoon, coat the spoon and run your finger down the back. If the line stays down the middle of the spoon, your good). Turn off heat and add salt, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Whisk until cheese in melted and sauce is smooth. If it appears too thick, add milk.
Take the mixture and pour it over the noodles and meat. Mix all until coated with cheese and top with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

I'm no chef. I'm simply a mom that LOVES to eat and cook good food. Please give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!!!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment