Introduction



Saturday, April 21, 2012

Moving!!!!

When I was almost 2, my family moved to Magnolia. For the last 28 years this little town is all I've ever known. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends are just a phone call away. I could close my eyes and drive the streets of this town by memory. I'm a graduate of MHS and of SAU. I met my husband and was married at my home church of First Baptist. This has been my comfort zone. When my husband took his first job out college at Columbia Christian School I buckled down and prepared for life here, never dreaming I would go anywhere else.

It's funny how God changes our plans though. Last July we finished building and moved in to our "dream" home. I haven't even hung much on the walls when Jimmy felt a stirring in his heart. I began my own personal study of the book of James, having no clue God was preparing me for the biggest leap of faith thus far. At the end of March it was official, we would be moving to Hope, AR so Jimmy could take the administrator role at the Christian school there. WHOA!!!

The funny thing is, I'm okay with it!! This house is just a house. I must teach my children to walk by faith and obedience to God. Even when it's hard or scary. I have faith my house will sell. I have faith that God will provide all we need. We may not have all of our wants but we will be right where God wants us and with that fact comes and ocean of peace.

I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us and keeping everyone up to date on the Walker family!

No comments:

Post a Comment