Introduction



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cheesy Biscuit Bake

Do you ever get tired of plan old biscuits? I know I do! I found a recipe on Pinterest the other day that I fixed for Jimmy and it was a success but I knew there was a way to make it even better! So....here's my version!

I made this for breakfast this morning and it was a HIT! Even Judd liked it and he's my picky eater.

2 cans of biscuits (10 count)
6 slices of bacon (cut into pieces then fried up)
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
milk gravy (recipe to follow)

Milk Gravy
After frying up bacon, add 2 T of flour to the drippings (I eye balled it and figured I had about 2 T of drippings in the skillet so I added equal flour). I let the roux cook down for a few minutes then added about a quarter cup of heavy cream (I'm out of milk!! Otherwise I'd have done about a cup of milk) and about 3/4 cup of water,, salt, and pepper. Let it thicken up and that's it! Make sure you taste it before you use it though :) If it tastes good them you're good to go!

Cheesy Biscuit Bake
Layer your biscuits in a large pie plate.(I actually had 4 that wouldn't fit...so me and No ate some dough, yeah, I'm nasty) Pour the gravy over the biscuits followed by the bacon and then the cheese. Bake on 350 for 20 minutes.

That's it!! Super easy!! You could even use a package gravy mix if you dot want to make your own. I just didn't want to waste the yummy bacon grease :)

I hope you make these and enjoy them like we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment